Location: South San Francisco
Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc.is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our early discovery and development team. The ideal candidate will interact closely with group leaders, scientists and research associate to drive discovery and development of new therapeutics in pre-clinical development.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mammalian tissue culture, including isolation and culture of primary human cells from whole blood.
- Perform studies utilizing cellular immunology to develop and analyze in vitro cell-based assay to support early discovery efforts and pipeline.
- Immune phenotyping of cultured immune cells using multi-color FACs
- Analyzing and presenting scientific results in team meetings
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- BS or MS in molecular biology, immunology or cell biology and 2 years’ experience in related field.
In-depth experience with in vitro cellular/immune/tumor biology would be a plus and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in executing cellular characterization instrumentation including ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry, lymphocyte activation, and immunohistochemistry highly desired
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires an evaluation of multiple factors
- Exercises independent judgment in performing experimental methods, techniques, evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and data analysis
- Strong verbal and writing skills for documentation of data, drafting of technical reports, and communication of progress to supervisor and project teams
- Must be able to communicate and multi-task within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.