principal/staff Scientist, bioinformaticist
Department: Research & Development
Location: South San Francisco
Nkarta, Inc. is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing
next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system,
able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors
and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to
build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and independent individual to join
the Translational Biology group and build-up the bioinformatics capabilities within the organization.
- Leads all internal and external Bioinformatics efforts within the Translational Team responsible for
- data mining from a range of publicly available data sources and databases,
- building in-house computational pipeline and/or framework to analyze a broad spectrum of -omics data sets
- develop in-house interactive application or tool capable of integrating multiple data sources
- oversees the design and analyses of -omics data sets
- Important member of the Translational and Discovery teams tasked with target discovery, product
- optimization, and biomarker strategy development and validation
- Serves as external liaison to CROs and collaborators
- Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups.
- Collaborate and coordinate studies with cross-function groups to optimize workflows
- PhD level (or equivalent training) in a relevant Life Science discipline with formal
- qualification in programming or PhD level (or equivalent training) in Computer Science,
- Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Mathematics or related discipline with at least 3 years of
- experience in a relevant Life Science discipline including immunology, cancer biology, and
- cancer genetics
- expertise in R and familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- familiar with exploratory and statistical data analyses including but not limited to linear
- models, multivariate analysis,
- Highly collaborative with an inquisitive mind with a familiarity working in cross-functional
- teams within a biotech environment
- Strong verbal, written, and visualization skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently within a fast-paced and highly focused
- At least 4 years working experience, post-graduate in oncology or immunology related
- fields, within drug development or personalized medicine programs
- Proficiency in human and statistical genetics, systems biology including current best
- practices in working with high content genomics platforms, and machine learning
- Experience working with internal and external clinical -omics data sets derived from
- oncology or inflammation settings acquired from different platforms
- Experience applying or constructing algorithms that address biologically relevant
- Embodies the company culture of empowerment, diversity, and inclusion
Nkarta is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Nkarta is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply Attach your CV Here