Accounts payable associate
Location: South San Francisco
Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc.is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Associate to join the accounting department here at Nkarta Inc. You are proactive and adaptable and not scared of fast-paced environments and managing multiple projects, tasks and duties. You’ll report to the Director of Accounting.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, verifying, classifying, posting and recording accounts payable
- Act as the first line of internal control for cash disbursements by ensuring invoices are entered properly
- Manage the requisitions, purchase orders, receiving, and invoice reconciliations
- Liaise with our vendors on any queries they may have
- Liaise with internal business partners to ensure proper submission of requisitions and purchase orders.
- Process Vendor payments and perform payment cycles to meet payment terms and conditions
- Responsible for month-end accounts payable reconciliations to ensure that all payments are correctly recorded and accounted for
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with tight deadlines, and work independently or in a team environment
- Perform other duties as required to the support the accounting department, including audit support, reporting preparation, etc.
- Focus on continued process improvement and increased efficiency
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related discipline is required
Excellent understanding of bookkeeping and chart of accounts for GL coding purposes
Excellent knowledge and understanding of GAAP and general accounting procedures
Strong communication/interpersonal skills
Good data entry and management skills
Organization and prioritization skills
Proficient in MS office
Knowledge/experience with Point Purchasing and Netsuite is a bonus
Nkarta is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Nkarta is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply Attach your CV Here