Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc.is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated researcher to join our team with experience in immune, cellular and cancer biology.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Nkarta is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented, and collaborative Scientist to join our growing NK Biology & Platform Development research team to assist with NK biology characterization related functions. This individual performs research with group members and cross group collaboration developing more potent NK therapies.
Responsibilities include designing and conducting experiments aimed at generating and evaluating more potent NK lymphocyte subsets utilizing in vitro cell-based culture systems and functional assays, complex flow cytometry, CyTOF, or RNAseq immune profiling and functional analyses of immune subsets in human systems.
The individual will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of work, and clear communication of results in group settings. A successful candidate will have deep knowledge and experience in immunology and various immunology models, with extensive hands-on experience validating and characterizing immunological phenotypes of NK cell repertoires, and cell-based therapeutics.
- PhD in immunology, or related field with 0-2 years industry experience
- Strong background in immunology, with an excellent understanding of T or NK cell biology, and experience working with primary NK or T cell is required
- Experience with primary cell culture, including nutrient & cytokine requirements, & understanding phenotype and functional changes is strongly preferred
- Expertise in flow cytometry, developing large multicolor flow panels with an understanding of manual compensation in both BD FACSDiva systems and FlowJo preferred
- Expertise in laboratory techniques including cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity assays, and the ability to adopt new laboratory skills is required, and experience using Incucyte, Luminex, MSD, Isoplexis and Berkeley Lights instrumentation is a plus
- Previous experience with virus production, viral transduction of primary lymphocytes is desired
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines
- Ability to think critically and creatively is essential
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills are required
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, send your intereste to email@example.com