Location: South San Francisco
Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc. is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated researcher to join our team with experience in immune, cellular and cancer biology.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate stable cell lines and master cell banks for both in vitro assays and in vivo pharmacology studies
- Oversee and perform daily activities related to the maintenance and scale up of in-house cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Experience in isolating, expanding, and banking primary human immune cells
- Oversee the receipt, sorting, and cataloguing of clinical specimens
- Must have
- Masters degree in Cell biology or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of work experience or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Extensive experience in tissue culture and molecular biology techniques including viral transduction, clonal selection, and cell line characterization
- Meticulous and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written skills including drafting SOPs and documentation
- Experience working with and establishing biorepository LIMS system
- Experience running and analyzing flow cytometry and qPCR
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to learn new tasks
- Embodies the company culture of empowerment, diversity, and inclusion
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply Attach your CV Here