Location: South San Francisco
Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc.is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our early discovery and development team. The ideal candidate will interact closely with group leaders, scientists and research associate to drive discovery and development of new therapeutics to pre-clinical development
- In-depth experience with in vitro cellular/immune/tumor biology would be a plus and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with tissue culture of cell lines is required and experience with culture of primary immune cells and primary tumor tissue is preferred
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires an evaluation of multiple factors
- Exercises independent judgment in performing experimental methods, techniques, evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and data analysis
- Strong verbal and writing skills for documentation of data, drafting of technical reports, and communication of progress to supervisor and project teams
- Must be able to communicate and multi-task within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bsc or Msc in molecular biology, immunology or cell biology
- 2 years of working experience is preferred
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply Attach your CV Here