Department: Process Development
Location: South San Francisco
Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc.is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated development associate to join our team with development experience in cell therapy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support process development of phase appropriate cell therapy production processes.
- Evaluate raw materials and culture systems for use in cell therapy manufacturing processes
- Support process optimization efforts to increase process robustness, reduce costs and improve yield
- Design and execute experiments independently; accurately record, analyze and communicate data to senior staff and team members
- Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups
- BA/BS in biology-related discipline and 3-8+ years of laboratory experience, MS in biology-related discipline with 1-6+ years related laboratory experience, with preference for candidates with biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Previous experience in development environment is strongly preferred
- Experience in executing cellular characterization instrumentation including ELISA, flow cytometry, lymphocyte activation, and immunohistochemistry
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires an evaluation of multiple factors
- Strong verbal and writing skills for documentation of data, drafting of technical reports, and communication of progress to supervisor and project teams
- Basic Understanding of Design of Experiment (DOE) and Quality by Design (QBD)
- Basic knowledge in programming language such as Python, R or JMP.
- Must be able to communicate and multi-task within a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.